Monday, August 18, 2008

9 Month Stats.

So on Friday we had Emma's 9 month appointment. She did not have to have any vaccines...but, they had to take blood. I think I can speak for her when I say...she would rather have the vaccines!

Here are her current stats:
Weight: 22 lbs. 2 oz.
Length: 28" tall
Head Circ: 44 cm

She is in the 90% for weight, 50%-75% for height and 50% for head.

I mentioned to the doctor how Emma is not crawling yet (which she is not delayed in but I thought worth mentioning). She is sitting like a pro and lunging forward from the sitting position to her belly, but not getting her knees under her. Dr. Auman examined her legs really good and mentioned how they turn out a little more than normal. I did notice when she stands, she looks like a little ballerina. Well, he decided to refer us to physical therapy for an evaluation. We actually have an appointment today. Now...some people would read this and think...poor Emma. But, I don't want anybody to think that. There is nothing wrong with her. This is just a little bump in the road (put there by God). God does not give us anything we can't handle. And if a couple appointments with the PT is all we have to deal with, I consider us blessed (which I do anyways!). I will post about the appointment tomorrow.

Actually, since seeing the doctor on Friday...Emma hit another milestone. She has been standing for a long time. But in the past two days, she has started walking while we hold her hands. It is the cutest thing I have ever seen. (I can't want to show that to the PT today ;) !)

1 comment:

Wilson Ramblings said...

PT is amazing... take every opportunity that you can. Nathan has been going for 5 months and we love the opportunties to learn about the way the bodies of babies work! :) In a different kind of way, I'm so glad Emma will be able to have the opportunity!